- How can SASE and Zero trust work togetherDecember 28, 2021
- Looking for a one-click DR solutionOctober 18, 2021
- Public Cloud or Hybrid Cloud – Which way should I go with?September 23, 2021
- Cloud Adoption in the Middle East. Is it really happening?September 10, 2021
- Is Robotic Process Automation a treat or a threat?September 9, 2021
Cloud infrastructure is a combination of the hardware and software components such as storage, servers, a network and virtualization software which will be useful in helping the computing requirements of a cloud computing model. It is a fully automated offering to users where computing resources complemented with storage and networking services. In short, the users have an IT infrastructure that they can use for themselves without having to pay for the construction of complex physical infrastructure.
Cloud infrastructure components
Cloud infrastructure refers to the back-end components like the hardware elements found in data centres of a cloud computing architecture. It may include multi-sockets, servers, storages and local area network equipment such as switches and routers.
Cloud infrastructure as a service
Cloud infrastructure as a service (IaaS) is a cloud model that gives organizations the ability to rent IT infrastructure components like computing, storage and networking over the internet from a public cloud provider. This type of public cloud service model is often referred to as IaaS.