- Is It Time to Embrace IoT and Big Data in Your Organization?April 22, 2022
- Data Management: Key to Data Security and Ransomware DefenseMarch 30, 2022
- AI/ML is Now a Competitive ToolMarch 28, 2022
- 10 Cybersecurity Myths Organizations Need to Stop Believing in 2022February 25, 2022
- How Tape Backup Systems Protect Against Ransomware AttacksFebruary 23, 2022
Purpose Built Backup Appliances are a core enabler of the modern backup infrastructure. Backup Appliances drastically reduce the size of the backup datasets through deduplication technologies, enable significantly faster backups and recoveries compared to tradition mode of backup to tapes. Where tape is mandated by regulatory requirements, its use can be reduced to bare minimum for retention purposes while still driving faster restores from the appliance at disk speeds. The reduced size of back datasets also makes it feasible and cost effective to electronically vault the data to a Disaster Recovery location, eliminating the risk prone process of physically moving tapes.