- Public Cloud or Hybrid Cloud – Which way should I go with?September 23, 2021
- Cloud Adoption in the Middle East. Is it really happening?September 10, 2021
- Is Robotic Process Automation a treat or a threat?September 9, 2021
- Looking for Cloud Migration options? Here’s all you need to knowSeptember 5, 2021
- How organizations can implement Zero Trust securityAugust 3, 2021
Purpose Built Backup Appliances are a core enabler of the modern backup infrastructure. Backup Appliances drastically reduce the size of the backup datasets through deduplication technologies, enable significantly faster backups and recoveries compared to tradition mode of backup to tapes. Where tape is mandated by regulatory requirements, its use can be reduced to bare minimum for retention purposes while still driving faster restores from the appliance at disk speeds. The reduced size of back datasets also makes it feasible and cost effective to electronically vault the data to a Disaster Recovery location, eliminating the risk prone process of physically moving tapes.